Wednesday 2 November 2011

October Favourites!

I have quite a few favourites to share with you as (being boring as usual) I pretty much did my make up exactly the same every day in October with only a few variables. I know a lot of these products have featured in previous favourites posts but I just love them!
Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream, Etude House Precious Mineral Make Up Essence, Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette, Sleek Luminaire Concealer.
I wont talk too much about the two Etude House products as I recently reviewed them so if you're interested you can read what I think of the BB Cream here and the Make up Essence/Primer here. I'm really loving using these two products together as it leaves my skin looking naturally flawless.
I've been meaning to post about the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette since I received so expect a post soon! I love this, it includes three concealer shades (a light concealer for blemishes, a peach-toned concealer and a green-toned concealer) and a setting powder. I love the creaminess of these concealers, they're so easy to blend and offer great coverage.
I use my Sleek Luminaire concealer under my eyes every single day, it's brilliant - under the eyes it gives the same effect of YSL Touche Eclat but is a fraction of the price, it conceals and illuminates under eye circles amazingly!
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel, MAC L/E MSF "Crystal Pink", MAC Matte Blush "Melba"
Since dying my hair brown I've been using my Soleil Tan De Chanel every day to warm up my complexion so I don't look too washed out. It gives a lovely, subtle, sun kissed look which is very dewy and natural looking. Bronzers are quite hit and miss for me as I'm very pale but I feel like I can pile this stuff on and still not look like I've been tangoed! 
I fell in love with the "Crystal Pink" MSF when it was released with the semi-precious collection was released as it is extremely pretty however I didn't reach for it very often. I have since dug it out and started using it as a highlight over Soleil Tan de Chanel as they make a very lovely pair!
Gosh I seem to be piling it on this month! My final cheek product is MAC's Blush in the shade Melba it's a lovely, natural colour which looks so pretty!
Inglot Freedom Palette, Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara, Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara.
I was so excited when Inglot started shipping to the UK but as I had to rely on online swatches when choosing my shadows I was quite nervous about whether I'd actually like my palette (click here if you would like to see swatches). I was over the moon when it did arrive though, the colours are so gorgeous and I'm definitely going to order again! Oh and if you were wondering, I prefer my Inglot shadows to my MAC shadows, they are as good as everyone says!
I've been using mascara quite a lot recently due to my excessive use of fake eyelashes resulting in gaps in my real eyelashes :( I'm not really one for subtle lashes, I like them big so I've been pairing Bourjois Volume Clubbing mascara and Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara surprisingly I love the effect they have on my lashes as you'd think they'd just end up in a big clumpy mess!
I've also been using my Dolly wink liquid liner quite a lot as it's so quick and fuss free! It's such a deep black and you get a lovely precise line.
MAC Vegas Volt, MAC Russian Red.
I've been going for a bright lip recently and I've alternated between MAC's Vegas Volt and Russian Red. I love how a bright lip transforms a boring look, it's so effortless and gives the impression you've spent a lot more time on your look than you really have!

So, that was quite a long winded one wasn't it! What have you been loving this month?

6 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post. I'm lusting after the Boirjois Gel bronzer for so long, but I can't handle the price tag! Definitely one for the Christmas list. I also love my Sonia Kashuk concealing palette - it's a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! I got one whilst in the states and my light concealer has nearly run out, I'm going to cry when it does haha. I also want Vegas Volt so much - seen so many posts on it recently. Ahhh my bank balance will hate me! xxxxx

    www.catsandcosmetics.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Inglot colours are beautiful! Perfect for autumn. Just posted my favourites if you fancy a look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved these favourites! You have so many products that are only available in america that I really wanna try! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jesse: I'm always like that my make up wish list is unreal! xxx
    @Gaelle: I'll check it out now! xxx
    @Confessions of a makeuplover: Thank you! I'm quite fortunate as I've managed to get hold of quite a few things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours in your inglot palette are beautiful! I want to try both of those mascaras, i have heard so many good things about them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Emily: Thank you, I love my Inglot palette! It's all I need for a beautiful smoky eye! xxx

    ReplyDelete