Monday 22 August 2011

Oh I do love a bit of Chanel!

I thought I showed a little restraint walking past the Chanel counter before work, until I turned around and bought this beauty that is...
Are you excited to see what I picked up? I shall let you wonder for a little longer whilst I just talk about the packaging.
It's very much something that attracts finger prints :( The casing is the standard shiny black compact common with all Chanel products, although it does look mirrored in the picture above that was purely the lighting! I also like that it comes in a little dust-pouch which I like, although it's quite useless as I personally don't store my compact in it (too much faffing about) however it add a luxurious touch to the product!
It's so pretty isn't it, want a closer look?
I forked out £37 for this gorgeous "Quadra Eye shadow" in "14 Mystic Eyes" and I can assure you the colours are beautiful! Wanna see swatches?
The pigmentation in this particular quad is quite good, a lot better than others which I swatched at the counter. If you're wondering about lasting power, I created a pretty look with this today (no pictures sorry I was hurrying when getting ready and didn't have time) and although I did use Urban Decay's Primer Potion beneath the shadow has faded a little, though I'm not complaining even though the colour isn't as intense as when originally applied it still looks gorgeous!
I was also given a free sample eye make up remover, I love getting these kind of samples because I have sensitive skin so it's always easy to rule out or even buy certain products after testing the samples on my skin!

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with the pigmentation of this quad as I find high end eyeshadows to be disappointingly unpigmented most of the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely quad. I love them and would wear each and every one of them. so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanel products are almost too pretty to even use. It was painful enough for me to start using my Chanel lipstick, I can't imagine how hard it would be for me to start using one of the eye shadow palettes and making a mess of it. I love the top left color, so dark. I think if they release a quad of all dark colors, I would be obligated to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete