Tuesday 1 May 2012

All that glitters...

I bought a MAC 15 pan eye shadow palette a while back intended on building the perfect palette however after the initial excitement worn off I found that I never even reached for my MAC palette never mind came anywhere close to filling it! I'm going to do a series of posts over the next couple of weeks focusing on the MAC shadows hopefully resulting in me being reminded of how pretty they are and actually getting some use out of them! I still aim to fill my palette and it has been a while since my last MAC haul...
This is probably one of the most famous shadows by MAC, it's an extremely popular choice for many MAC lovers. I can completely see why as well, it's a beautiful shadow and a firm favourite of many beauty bloggers, most notably youtuber Allthatglitters21.
This as you can see is a beautiful peachy champagne colour with brilliant pigmentation. It's an extremely versatile shadow too and can be used as a highlight or even just on its own for a pretty wash of colour.

Whilst I love this shadow I think I'll be getting rid of my MAC palette and investing in another one for my shadows as the magnets holding the shadows in place are extremely weak and this shadow along with another is now shattered (and only just about usable) because it's fallen out of the palette :( Has anybody else had this problem?

10 comments:

  1. Sad to hear that your shadows are shattering! I don't have this shade but it looks so pretty, very wearable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so annoying! It is a gorgeous shade, I recommend it! x

      Delete
  2. I don't own this shade -yet- but this is so pretty!
    New follower from Italy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty colour. It's the only MAC shadow that tempts me. Otherwise I think they're all a little over-hyped. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I agree I think there are shadows of similar if not better quality available from other brands at a lower price - Inglot for example. I'm quite tempted to just sell my shadows and palette as I never really use them x

      Delete
  4. SSorry abt your problem with the palette! My MAC 15 eye palette is doing well, and the refills sticks on well with the magnets. Can u get a change at the MAC store?
    btw, All that Glitters is my favourite of all time. I wear it all over my lid or use it to blend deeper colours like Satin Taupe. It works great with Satin Taupe or Patina!!!!
    I also have Honesty, but Honesty has more glitter and it is not as fine. However, the effect is more visible for Honesty.

    Following u now via Goggle +/ bloglovin/ facebook. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom
    Facebook: Miss Kwong From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favourite eyeshadows, absolutely love it and unfortunately I've hit pan so I'll have to repurchase it but I'll definitely be buying it again.

    Ellie | Misseblog xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, but because of my crappy palette I barely ever even reach for it! x

      Delete